Subject: Re: [emergency] RE: Notes form last GIS SC meeting

At 9:06 AM -0500 3/23/04, R. Allen Wyke wrote:

>What we have make work for us, but that is not the question. Does it
>work for the target implementers is the question. Saying that it is
>"adequate" gives to much of a feeling like that is what we ended up
>with because we didn't take the time to do it right.

By the same token, one comment from one individual... however
forceful... doesn't necessarily indicate a groundswell.  Until we
manage to generate enough interest in the user community to mobilize
a much broader base of participation, we're forced to use our own
judgement in putting individual inputs in perspective.

And until that time it seems prudent to err on the side of
underspecifying rather than staking out premature positions we might
regret later.  So I'm not sure "adequate" isn't a good standard to
shoot for at this early stage.

- Art