Subject: Re: [emergency] FW: [legalxml-intjustice] GJXDM subset schema exa mple and documen tation

On Mar 23, 2004, at 10:43 AM, Art Botterell wrote:

> One might speculate that one reason Global Justice is getting into the
> RFPs... aside from its sheer scope... is because they hastened to get
> something out to market early and then enhanced it in parallel with
> the RFP development process.  I'm sure GJXDD has improved in many,
> many ways from their 1.0.

I would find it very hard to believe, especially in the public sector,
which is comparatively resistant to change vs. private sector, that
GJXDD started making it into RFPs because it was day-and-date with any
RFP development process. When you couple it with the fact that we are
talking 3.0 here - not 1.0 - it is most likely because it has been
around a while and that it is finally starting to be half baked from a
"concept-into-reality" standpoint. IMHO, it took longer than it should
to make it into RFPs, which is more of a reflection of hastening rather
than doing it right the first time.

--
R. Allen Wyke
Chair, OASIS Emergency Management TC