Subject: Fwd: [CAP] Re: [emergency-comment] Re: CAP and attribute-freeencodings...

Friends -

While I've maintained a relationship with the pre-existing community
that laid the groundwork for CAP, I've made a concerted effort not to
drag internal TC disagreements out into that public forum, and to
express only my understanding of the TC's conclusions and in
appropriately tentative and open-ended terms.

But for our Chair to publicly criticize our approved Committee Draft
(see below)... saying things like "we did the wrong thing by taking
the all attribute approach" and "there is not enough 'specification'
there to do that in a way that supports the vary nature of what CAP
is suppose to support"... and to say these things "ex officio,"
explicitly signing himself as TC Chair... and to do it right in the
middle of a ballot period and immediately prior to the public launch
of CAP should that ballot pass... all that strikes me as as a
shocking failure of judgement and leadership, as potentially damaging
both to the CAP effort and to OASIS's credibility, and as just plain
wrong.

Allen, I really think you ought to consider whether it might be time
for you to assume a different role.

- Art