Subject: RE: [emergency] Fwd: [emergency-comment] CAP Normative Schema is improperly defined

To be tediously correct:

Unlike SGML, XML does not enable case folding.
Case mismatches are well-formedness errors by
definition.  It is not a platform dependency.
It is a schema dependency.  If they are hardwired
in the toolkit (matching cases are well-formed
and the error still occurs), it is a platform
implementation error and not a comment against
the specification (but good to know).

The simpleType to complexType conversion is
a platform dependency if the simpleType definitions
are valid.  I can conceive of why that might
be required, but again, it is not a comment
against the spec even if good to know.

len

From: Kon Wilms [mailto:kon.wilms@ndsamericas.com]

Some info from my side -

Windows Borland tools for processing XML (the XML to recordset translator
for C++/Delphi/etc.) require that simpletype be translated to complextype.
This is a 'quick fix' but seems to work. For .NET, one of our guys is
rewriting the schema to make it work. There were also some case typos in the
1.0 spec (simpletype vs. simpleType - strongly 'typed' parsers such as the
latest .NET version will not validate the schema when case is incorrect).
All of these use the MSXML DOM.

Cheers
Kon