Subject: RE: [emergency] Final editorial corrections?

Sorry, Bob... I'd been advised by an experienced source (in fact, I
believe it was you) that final non-substantive editorial corrections
to a standards document are normally permitted prior to publication.
(An obvious and unavoidable example is changing the words "Committee
Draft" to "OASIS Standard.")

My impression is that that section you cite refers to the process
during voting on a Committee Draft, not to the publication of an
adopted Standard.  My understanding is that the ballot was completed
today at 11:45 AM Eastern time with more than the required number of
affirmative votes and no negative votes, and that therefore CAP 1.0
is an effective OASIS Standard at this time.  However, there are
still the mechanics of publication, which I don't see detailed in the
process document.

Anyway, I just wanted to suggest that might we take this final
opportunity to correct any minor flaws that didn't change the
substance of the standard.  If that's not permitted, that's fine, but
if it were, would you object to our doing that?

Maybe our OASIS staff can guide us on this point.

- Art