Subject: RE: [emergency] Final editorial corrections?

At 3:37 PM -0500 3/31/04, Bob Wyman wrote:
>I think you should get a formal opinion on this from the OASIS
>leadership.

Yes, I've put in a call to Jamie Clark to ask him to guide us on this.

>	Also, please note that the distinction between changes which
>are "substantive" and those which are "non-substantive" is often the
>source of considerable debate...

That's why I suggested a "consent agenda" approach... if anybody on
the TC objects to any proposed edit then it would automatically be
held over for consideration on the next go-round.  That way we don't
need to bog down in pointless debate while still allowing ourselves
to make any uncontroversial corrections.

My sense, specifically as regards your expressed concerns about the
schema, is that it seems like everybody involved agrees as to the
intent, so if somebody can come forward with a specific suggestion on
how better to express that intent, and if nobody objects, we could
take this opportunity to make that editorial adjustment before we
publish.

But if anyone objects to doing that, or if staff indicates that
making final edits would deviate from OASIS practice, then we can
certainly leave the spec as-is.

- Art