Subject: Re: [emergency] Groups - ICS-201-draft0.2.xsd uploaded

And to add my clarifying "two cents;" while ICS forms do currently differ
from place to place, the elements associated therein are fairly
"doctrinally-standardized," i.e. essential organizational structures and
field-name taxonomies are, in the main, common across all forms types
regardless of a name element's particular placement within a localized form.

Additionally, it is my intuition is that any current regional mis-matches
are going to be addressed and standardized as NIMS evolves, and probably
pretty quickly; with emphasis on FEMA's version of the doctrine since they
are a Federal agency and NIMS embodies a  Federal program perspective.

My point is it seems more prudent to develop a standardized back-end
data-exchange specification that recognizes the organizational and elemental
structures of common ICS elements, while remaining transparent to the
subjective nature of a particular developer's front-end format. This should
allow us to provide near-term as well as scalable support as a standardized
data exchange mechanism but leave room for  NIMS to "guide" us further as it
evolves. That way we won't be painting ourselves into a corner, or appearing
to produce yet another product variant that may, or may not, be NIMS
compliant in the final analysis.

Rick