Subject: Fwd: Re: [humanorg] followup- mock disaster training (Was-Gesture Recognition and tracking project in UK)

Title: Fwd: Re: [humanorg] followup- mock disaster training (Was-
This is an example of the application arenas I happen to be personally tracking for applications I want to produce, including interactive 3D Common Operational Environments for Emergency Management. This is where we hope to provide accuracy in the depiction of human behavior through interoperable terminology and data in HumanML--mostly by incorporating and reconciling existing vocabularies. Of course, individually personalizable, and heuristically adaptable applications, (software that adapts to the decision-making choices of its user), and web services happens to be an advantageous side effect. Just thought I would give you an example of how and why I got into the EM TC in the first place. It is very encouraging to see progress, especially in the face of how much farther there is to go.

Ciao,
Rex

To: humanorg@yahoogroups.com
From: James Landrum <james.landrum@ndsu.nodak.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 11:44:38 -0500
Subject: Re: [humanorg] followup- mock disaster training (Was- Gesture Recognition
 and tracking project in UK)
This is relevant to emergency management thread, also gleaned from VREFRESH
Mock Disaster Training
The National Corrections & Law Enforcement Training & Technology Center at Moundsville, West Virginia has awarded the Reality Response Division of Advanced Interactive Systems a contract for SVS. The SVS VR training system will be used as a pre-exercise training tool for participants in the upcoming Mock Disaster in September. SVS provides VR training for emergency response personnel. The simulation software supports the simulation of terrorist attacks or other dangerous situations. Synthetic environments are created that include location, a scenario and support for many individuals over broadband connections. Responders can participate simply by logging on to the LAN/WAN through their PCs. In advance of the Mock Disaster, Reality Response will create a virtual model of Moundsville and insert training scenarios into it. Prior to the September exercise, participants will be able to train together in the virtual Moundsville without the need for physical travel. April 13, 2004

Rob Nixon wrote:
Thanks Jim.