Subject: [Fwd: Re: [wsrp] Fw: OASIS to brief analysts on Web servicesstandards]

Title: [Fwd: Re: [wsrp] Fw: OASIS to brief analysts on Web servic
Hi Folks,

To understand this thread, you might want to start at the bottom, then work forward. Just the fact that OASIS is doing a tour to promote understanding of web services, especially in the face of what, to the public, must seem a confusing crazy-quilt hodge-podge of approved, de facto, and proposed standards for web services is a good idea. Adding our story to this collection may not help us out much, but my opinion is that we shouldn't miss the chance to add our note to the melody. In particular I think that DMIS should give a thought to adding a brief to OASIS's portfolio to point out the specific opportunity for Emergency Management Services across the country to get started on establishing some trusted networks in reality. Also, the consumer/producer model of WSRP, especially for the work of getting registries enabled for our purposes, is something we should be looking at as a best practice.

I may be slow on the uptake, but ya gotta admit, when all is said and done, actually getting the uptake is all that matters. This thought is brought to you by The Department of Redundancy Department, in the interest of reminding you that sometimes the only reliable backup is redundancy... in depth.

;^)

Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 20:13:54 -0700
From: Atul Batra <atul.batra@Sun.COM>
To: wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org

fyi - meant to CC the list as well.

Atul

Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 18:31:57 -0700
From: Atul Batra <atul.batra@Sun.COM>
To: Rich Thompson <richt2@us.ibm.com>
Cc: Alejandro Abdelnur <Alejandro.Abdelnur@Sun.COM>,
 Farrukh Najmi <Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM>

Rich,

I'm pleased to note that Sun just announced implementations of both the WSRP Producer and Consumer in the Sun Java System Portal Server as part of the overall Java Enterprise System release.

Here's the release announcement -
    http://www.sun.com/smi/Press/sunflash/2004-06/sunflash.20040601.2.html
The Java Enterprise System offers support for both the server and client implementations of the OASIS Web Services for Remote Portlets (WSRP) specification version 1.0, with the ability to both produce and consume conforming Web services. Using WSRP, the Java Enterprise System can now integrate remote applications and services - whether Java or ..NET - in literally minutes vs. months. The Java Enterprise System implementation provides full featured and configurable capabilities for administering the WSRP services.

Could you please pass this on to Carol as well.

Thanks

Atul

Rich Thompson wrote:

Which WSRP implementations are currently available will be an interesting piece of information to send to Carol. I know of Plumtree, Oracle and IBM announcements and the Apache project is by definition available. Any others whose announcements I missed?

Rich

----- Forwarded by Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM on 06/04/2004 10:58 AM -----
"Carol Geyer" <carol.geyer@oasis-open.org>
06/03/2004 06:43 PM
<kswenson@us.fujitsu.com>, <Roberto_B_Pascual@ida.gov.sg>, <ewlee@simtech.a-star.edu.sg>, <peter.reynolds@bowneglobal.ie>, Diane Jordan/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, "'John Evdemon'" <jevdemon@microsoft.com>, <martin.chapman@oracle.com>, "'Eric Newcomer'" <Eric.Newcomer@iona.com>, Heather Kreger/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, "'Winston Bumpus'" <winston_bumpus@dell.com>, <vbp@hp.com>, <peter_niblett@uk.ibm.com>, <tom@coastin.com>, <D.Snelling@fle.Fujitsu.com>, "'Dr Ian Robinson'" <ian_robinson@uk.ibm.com>, Tom Bellwood/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, <Tony.Rogers@ca.com>, <luc.clement@systinet.com>, Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, Kelvin Lawrence/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, <ckaler@microsoft.com>
cc
"'James Bryce Clark'" <jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>, "'Patrick Gannon'" <patrick.gannon@oasis-open.org>
Subject
OASIS to brief analysts on Web services standards

Chairs of OASIS Web services TCs,
This month, OASIS begins an international tour to brief analysts and key
editors on our work in Web services standards. Patrick Gannon and members of
the OASIS Board of Directors will be meeting with the media in various
cities around the world to help them better understand the full breadth of
our Web services efforts (more than 14 TCs are directly involved) and our
accomplishments to date.

Naturally, analysts and editors are always anxious to hear about adoption,
and it's great when we can point to actual implementations and use cases of
our Web services standards at work. If your TC is aware of deployments of
your specifications--implementations we can mention to editors--please let
me know. Concrete examples will strengthen our message and help us promote
your efforts as effectively as possible.

Best regards,
Carol