Subject: OJP requirement to use the jxdm

Please excuse my potential ignorance, I watch this TC with interest but participate sparingly.

A couple assumptions:

1) EM projects are sometimes funded by the OJP.

2) The CAP 1.0 proposal is not in any way consistent with the Justice XML Data Dictionary model (jxdm). I believe this was discussed at some point in the past and efficiency was chosen as a higher priority than the sometimes massive and inefficient schemas developed using the jxdm.

If these assumptions are true, members of this TC need to review and comment (to OJP) on the contents of the page at http://it.ojp.gov/topic.jsp?topic_id=138 and most importantly the statement at the bottom of the page which reads:

"All recipients of Office of Justice Programs (OJP) grants for projects implementing XML technology are required to use the Global Justice XML Data Model and publish all XML schemas resulting from use of the Model in the Justice Standards Clearinghouse (JSC) located at http://www.it.ojp.gov/jsc. This requirement is stipulated as a Special Condition to their grant that is referred to as a Common Exchange Standard."

If my assumptions are correct, the impact of this requirement could be great and negative.

gary poindexter

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  Access to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.