Subject: RE: [emergency] OJP requirement to use the jxdm

So:

Grant money requires JXDM compliance and CAP is not JXDM
so compliance with JXDM is not required when implementing CAP?

Public safety companies want to know.  The lack of objections
does not close the requirement for compliant deliverables.
Of the documents posted, which are the Records of Authority
governing the procurement transactions?

Len Bullard
Integraph Public Safety

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Embley [mailto:pembley@mstar.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 10:03 AM
To: 'Poindexter, Gary'; emergency@lists.oasis-open.org

Hey Gary (et al),

Allen is correct about the fact that the CAP effort is not funded by OJP.
Some/many (can't recall off the top of my head how many) of the efforts
utilizing CAP receive some amount of OJP funding, and I've not heard of any
who have objected to the grant language.  I know for most of those grants
the language was the old "OJP *may* require compliance" vs. the newer
language which I believe is less vague.

Both Ken Gill (OJP) and I have been discussing that we need to do a better
job of reaching out to the CAP community.  Your e-mail gives us reason to do
more than talk about it, so appreciate you monitoring and reaching out to
the CAP community.

Also wanted to note that Art's message is correct as well.  We started from
the same base, then didn't remain as active in each other's efforts as maybe
we should have.  Nothing that can't be resolved with better communication.

Thanks again!

Paul Embley
Global XML Structured Task Force Chair