Subject: RE: [emergency] IFSC was: RE: [emergency-msg] Any word from Jamie? Notes.

Guys, I think it would be both unproductive and unfair to turn this
into a matter of personalities.  The framing of the IF SC's mission
has always been broad and, to a number of us, relatively vague.  I'm
not sure anyone could have made it work either better or worse than
it has in the absence of some concrete and specific goals.

Maybe the question we should be asking, after almost a
year-and-a-half of experiment, is whether an "Infrastructure" SC as
currently defined is actually a useful mechanism to advance the TC's
work... and if not, what other division of labor might be more
productive.  We aren't required to keep the same SC structure forever.

In particular I'd ask whether infrastructure is an area that needs
(or will accept) standardization through the OASIS process.

- Art