Subject: Re: [emergency] RE: Opportunity for CAP? State CIOs Plan SystemTo Warn Public Of Danger

True, Kon,

I try not to panic in any circumstances since it only exacerbates any
situation, but I take your point. However, it is less the business of
emergency alerting that I would like to see benefit from this
concatentation of disasters, than it is making the most of the
opportunity to take that focus and get some needed results, such as
recognizing that we need to improve our use of existing systems as
Art has pointed out. It would also be good to prepare for a wider
range of emergency types and understand which alerting systems we
need to triggeed for different types and when, as well as widening
the range of alerting options we trigger to be more
effective--perhaps by adding PA Systems to sirens where needed--and
figuring out where they are needed. Etc, etc, etc.

However, if we can pay the rent for the folks doing that work, that
would be good, too.

Ciao,
Rex

W3Address: http://www.starbourne.com