Subject: RE: [emergency] RE: Opportunity for CAP? State CIOs Plan System ToWarnPublic Of Danger

The "for free" caveat on the web page is "if you let us sell your e-mail
address to selected advertisers."

Otherwise you can pay subscribe.

Ya' got to read the fine print.

Gary A. Ham
Senior Research Scientist
Battelle Memorial Institute
540-288-5611 (office)
703-869-6241 (cell)
"You would be surprised what you can accomplish when you do not care who
gets the credit." - Harry S. Truman

-----Original Message-----
From: Kon Wilms [mailto:kon@datacast.biz]
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 3:19 PM
To: Tom Merkle
Cc: emergency TC lists Oasis
Subject: RE: [emergency] RE: Opportunity for CAP? State CIOs Plan System
ToWarn Public Of Danger

'Patent Pending' on every single webpage? I also see mention of
licensing and 'proprietary messaging' in many places.

The last time I checked there wasn't a provider out there that would do
SMS for free. What am I missing? Just an observation...

Cheers
Kon

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 15:02 -0500, Tom Merkle wrote:
> They should look at this site:
> http://www.emergencyemail.org/
>
> which already does (and for free) what they seek.

the OASIS TC), go to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency/members/leave_wor
kgroup.php.