Subject: FW: International Alerting - IETF

I came across this yesterday, and thought I will bring it to the TC's
attention.

Sukumar

2. From the Membership Director - David McAuley

In addition, ISOC's Chairman, Fred Baker, and former Chairman, Brian
Carpenter, have created an Internet Draft within the IETF process to
propose a way in which people could be warned of an impending event in a
geographic region. This is similar to and may use services such as the
US Emergency Alert System, but differs in that message distribution is
targeted only to the affected locality. A URL for this Internet-Draft
is:
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-baker-alert-system-00.txt>