Subject: Re: [emergency] FW: International Alerting - IETF

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 19:22 +0100, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> You can find the sample message yourself easily enough - it was
> posted by the Hawaii tsunami warning center on December 26.
> It looks like it was designed with a TELEX machine in mind to
> me; but don't blame us for reporting facts.

Probably so, but the draft fails to point out the failure of such
free-text systems, namely lack of reliable network passage,
interoperability, and exchange - unless a human is watching and acting
as a middleman.

> If you can transform your somewhat brief comments into proposed
> text changes, I'm sure Fred will be glad to consider them for the
> next version of the draft. We're exploring what the core of the
> Internet technical community can do to help, and that means gathering
> and integrating information from many different sources, including
> topics outside our own expertise.

I'd be more than happy to add input, but it would involve a substantial
reworking of the document.

Cheers
Kon