Subject: Re: [emergency] Mandatory fields when msgType=Cancel ?

The U/S/C triad is mandatory whenever the optional <info> block is
present.  In most cases you're right, a Cancel won't have an <info>
block at all.  However, some senders have expressed a desire to be
able to annotate their Cancel messages with new <headline>,
<description> etc. elements... e.g., in the case of an all-clear from
a hazmat incident.  In that case, the U/S/C values should reflect the
new, post-crisis situation.  (I've never been entirely satisfied with
that arrangement myself, but nobody's come up with a simpler one.)

- Art