Subject: Re: [emergency] Overview of CAP Alert Routing Examples

Hi Eliot,

Welcome back, I hope. I gave it a run through and nothing jumped out at me.
Very nice overview.

I did notice, however, one issue I don't think we have given thou
ght to providing for in EDXL, which is the ability of a network node to
reveal/not-reveal the sender of a CAP or other Emergency Message. There are
obvious legal issues there, which need to be examined. The best I can do is
to keep an eye out as I go through the GJXDM, or as much of it as I take on
in the effort to cross check elements, complexTypes, simpleTypes, etc, to
make sure there are no unresolved datamodel collisions.

Ciao,
Rex

At 03:54 AM 2/7/2005, Eliot Christian wrote:
>I have drafted a preliminary attempt to elucidate some of the
>issues in a communications architecture for routing of alerts
>that use Common Alerting Protocol (CAP). This draft is online
>at http://www.search.gov/cap/routing.ppt
>
>I would appreciate your review of this presentation and please
>do let me know of any errors or critical omissions.
>
>Thanks!
>
>Eliot
>

>To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster of
>the OASIS TC), go to
>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency/members/leave_workgroup.php.

Rex Brooks
President, CEO, Starbourne Communications Design
Executive Director, Humanmarkup.org, Inc.
1361-A Addison
Berkeley, CA 94702
510-849-2309