Subject: Re: [emergency] Washington Technology Article on Global Warning System

Maybe there wont be yet another stove piped warning system dedicated to
tsunamis after all.  I did learn at the NEMA conference this week that NOAA
has received $30M for putting the buoys in place.  Steve (?) made the
announcement during the Preparedness committee meeting on Saturday.  He
also stated that the system would be operational by 2007.  Art, maybe you
can confirm this with Herb White and get more details of how they plan to
implement the data collection and dissemination.
Regards,
Elysa