Subject: EDXL and routing over non-SOAP networks

The subject is fairly self-explanatory. Has anyone looked into this, or have I missed
something? Are there recommended practices (or even a strawman) for routing EDXL
messages over non-SOAP networks? Or is EDXL strictly for SOAP distribution?

I foresee having to connect to EDXL sources and route the messages over broadcast
networks. Reading through the current documents I find the following issues:

1. In order to route EDXL over a satellite or broadcast network, I will have to essentially parse
the message, strip out header fields, map these to broadcast headers at the packet extension
layer, and route the entire message as a 'blob'.
2. In order to route such messages, one has to know what to target and/or how to filter. Set
top boxes typically have proprietary targeting if running an application capable of filtering
targeted data, or are configured via zipcodes (as most providers do). The IFSC wrapper model
points to the EDXL spec for routing requirements. The EDXL routing block requirements
indicate SOAP on a rope, URIs and geocodes, and XML. None of this maps 1 to 1 over these
networks.

Any advice / comments / suggestions ? Or am I jumping the gun?

Cheers
Kon