Subject: FW: [XMLWG] XML Developers Guide

FYI.

-----Original Message-----
From: CIO Council XML Working Group (XMLWG)
[mailto:XMLWG@listserv.gsa.gov] On Behalf Of Owen Ambur
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 12:38 PM
To: XMLWG@listserv.gsa.gov
Subject: [XMLWG] XML Developers Guide

At long last we are about to embark upon an effort to update the Federal
XML Developers Guide originally posted in draft form in April 2002:
http://xml.gov/index.asp#xmldevelopersguide

Support will be provided by GSA, the Center for Medatata Excellence
(COE)
at DHS, and the National Information Exchange Model (NIEM) program
management office.  http://www.niem.gov/  The aim is to produce an
updated
set of guidelines upon which broad consensus exists for governmentwide
application.  The guidelines will be agnostic to any particular data
modeling methodology.  While the process will be as open as possible, we
would like to deliver the initial set of proposed guidelines in about
two
months.  Toward that end, I am contemplating devoting the entire June 15
meeting of the xmlCoP to this task.  http://xml.gov/agendas.asp

I have scheduled the first meeting for this Friday, May 6, from 10:00 -
noon in room 5314 at the Main Interior Building, 1849 C Street, NW,
Washington, DC.

If you'd like to participate in person or via teleconference, please let
me
know.

Owen Ambur
Co-Chair, xmlCoP  http://xml.gov/