Subject: valueListUrn (was Re: [emergency] Addition ideas for EDXLDistribution)

At 9:00 PM -0600 5/2/05, Ellis, David wrote:
>2.  I would prefer to use strongly typed values
>rather than general string values like URN.  In
>the example I generated, I used simple letters
>(e.g. a, b, c, d Š) in the "ValueListUrn"
>elements.

Would this put us back in the business of
controlling, or at least pre-identifying, the
various value-lists?

I think we were hoping that anyone who needed to
could create and publish their own value
tables... in effect letting other processes (like
NEIM) develop such lists without our becoming
embroiled in, or being delayed by, the processes
of creating or selecting them.

URNs simply provide a way for lists to have
unique names without the need for an ongoing
management activities.  Is there a better way to
achieve that?

- Art