Subject: Uploading documents into Kavi

Hi everyone,

  I just switched permissions on one of the documents that was recently uploaded; it had been set to viewable by only TC members. The latest release of Kavi allowed us (TC Admin) to change default behavior of document uploads to General Public/General Membership; previously the default (which we couldn't change) was set to TC members only. Apparently the EMTC defaults hadn't been switched.

  If/when you upload a document, you should see - next to "Sharing" - that both General Public and General Membership are checked. Please do not uncheck these boxes as it is OASIS policy that all documents should always be viewable by the general public.

  Of course none of this has any impact on documents previously uploaded; unless someone goes in and modifies the permissions, they will remain accessible to TC members only. If there are documents within the Kavi repository that you know to be of interest to the general public, you might want to double-check the permissions and change if necessary.

  Thanks!

Mary

Mary P McRae
OASIS