Subject: Re: [emergency] Circle and Polygon

On Jun 7, 2005, at 6/7/05 10:40 PM, Renato Iannella wrote:
> Q1: It would be useful to define a re-useable structure for
> longitude and latitude that is used for both elements.

These structures were based the OGC GML specs.  Subdividing them
further seemed like excess tag-gage without any real information
added... especially in the case of polygons, which can get quite
sizeable even in the current form.

> Q2: The "Polygon" element states that the first long/lat pair is
> repeated at the end of the list.
> If this necessary?

Again, this came from GML precedent.  It's a small redundancy we
accepted for the sake of compatibility.

- Art