Subject: RE: [emergency] Circle and Polygon

So we tell the ISO/W3DC people that they can't play despite
the fact that they already have deployed software and content, a
ten year old standard, and are referenced by pertinent RFPs for C2
systems?

len

From: Carl Reed OGC [mailto:creed@opengeospatial.org]

GML is not a mapping standard! GML is a standard, grounded in a variety of
ISO 19*** series standards, for
encoding/expressing/communicating/transporting
geographic/location/geospatially enabled content. Now, in terms of 3D, I
would strongly encourage you to check out LandGML
(http://www.transxml.org/GML+Experiment/Resources/261.aspx and
(http://www.opengeospatial.org/initiatives/?iid=133) and CityGML
(http://www.ikg.uni-bonn.de/sig3d/docs/Gi4Dm_2005_Kolbe_Groeger.pdf), both
application profiles of GML 3.1.

In terms of SVG, there are any number of tools that do GML to SVG for
rendering. Some are free, some are for fee.