Subject: Re: Circle and Polygon

On 11 Jun 2005, at 00:45, Aymond, Patti wrote:

> With the size and complexity of the polygons that represent
> jurisdictional
> boundaries, I fear that the GML polygon representation would become
> prohibitively large. Some applications are already having problems
> ingesting
> the large messages containing the simplified version for complex
> polygons.

Instead of the <gml:pos>12 4</gml:pos> tags, you can have a single
<gml:posList>12 4.... </gml:posList> tag.

One of other key benefits from reusing GML is their use of spatial
reference system pointers.
Without the spatial reference system pointer, we will not be able to
work
across jurisdictional boundaries who use different coordinate systems,
or with many legacy data sources.

A list of defined URNs from the OGC for these identifiers:
   <https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=8814>

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
Project Leader, NICTA, Brisbane, QLD, AUSTRALIA
P: +61 7 3000 0484 F: +61 7 3000 0480 M: +61 4 1313 2206
E: renato@nicta.com.au W: http://nicta.com.au

This email and any attachments may be confidential. They may contain legally
privileged information or copyright material. You should not read, copy,
use or disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an intended
recipient, please contact us at once by return email and then delete both
messages. We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus,
data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised
amendment. This notice should not be removed.