Subject: RE: [emergency] RE: Seeking volunteer to provide input to NAS Study

Carl,
I volunteer to help out. If you need I will attempt to bring a law enforcement expert from the local area.

Regards,

Tom Merkle

CapWIN:        www.capwin.org
Phone:          (301) 614-3720
Cell Phone:   (240) 375-1966
Fax:               (301) 614-0581
e-mail:           tmerkle@capwin.org

CapWIN
6305 Ivy Lane Suite 300
Capital Office Park
Greenbelt, MD 20770

From: Carl Reed OGC [mailto:creed@opengeospatial.org]
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 3:37 PM
To: emergency@lists.oasis-open.org

Dear List -

I am a participant in a National Academy of Sciences study on PLANNING FOR CATASTROPHE.

One of the key areas of discussion has to do with data and service sharing and interoperability. Specifically:  Examine technical and institutional procedures and processes that enable interoperable discovery, access, and use of data from diverse sources.

We are seeking experts to provide requirements input as well as background information for use in the study. One topic area that I believe someone from this group would be eminently qualified for is to provide input for E-911/PSAPS/EM Response community.

We are seeking one individual who could attend a one day meeting in early August (3rd or 4th). The meeting will be held in the DC area.

If you are interested, please let me know.

Carl Reed, PhD
CTO and Executive Director Specification Program
OGC

The OGC: Helping the World to Communicate Geographically

This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender  immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.

"The important thing is not to stop questioning." -- Albert Einstein