Subject: Re: [emergency] Emergency TC Wiki

Mary -

Thanks for the generous offer, but the wiki I've established is
really beyond the scope of the OASIS process... a derivative work
based on the standard, if you like.  In particular, what I'm trying
to do is engage with the broader user community in a separate
environment that doesn't entail subjecting themselves to the OASIS
IPR.  I'm sure OASIS has no intention of trying (or even appearing to
try) to squelch independent discussion of its standards and their use.

This touches on a very sensitive point that came up several years
ago, long before you joined us.  If OASIS actually were to start
interfering with free use and independent discussion of its
standards, the emergency management community would need to take a
careful look at whether OASIS was really an appropriate venue for its
standards platform.

I've already said, here in the TC record, that the TC's work as part
of the standards process should, indeed, be done within the OASIS IPR
and on an OASIS-sponsored wiki... and I'm sure we all appreciate your
moving so quickly to make one available.  Still, CAP users, even if
they aren't OASIS members, have a wide range of interests and
concerns that only begin with the standard.  They're entitled to
discuss those issues in an open and unfettered forum.

It's unfortunate that apparently you weren't able to contact me
directly before posting what I'm afraid could be misunderstood as a
bold attempt to take over a member's website.  But I'm sure your
motives were the highest and that your approach was well-intentioned
if maybe a bit blunt.

Thanks again for your sincere efforts on our behalf!

- Art