Subject: RE: [emergency] Illogical Naming was: Re: [emergency] Sensors and Systems Charter Starting Point

Most of what we do with our EM standards work involves the movement of
information in response to a detected event - be that a visual or otherwise
"sensed" event.  Much of the discussion about "systems" was actually more
about work flow and dissemination of information during an incident.  We
may should revisit the terms we use so as not to be misunderstood - say
sensors and work flow?  We deemed it important to designate sensors
separately due to the work that is developing in the labs and elsewhere
that EM standards are needed.  These groups are looking to the TC for
guidance and having a special place they can discuss their specific needs
would be helpful.  Comments?  Elysa