Subject: RE: [emergency] Re: Verify DE addresses Incident and Event

If I remember the F2F correctly, we nixed the incident ID in the DE because
not all EM communication is related to an event (e.g. sensor readings).

Patti

Patti Iles Aymond, PhD
Senior Scientist
Bioterrorism Preparedness & Response

Innovative Emergency Management, Inc.
Managing Risk in a Complex World

8555 United Plaza Blvd.   Suite 100
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
(225) 952-8228 (phone)
(225) 952-8122 (fax)

-----Original Message-----
From: Renato Iannella [mailto:renato@nicta.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 11:26 PM
To: Emergency_Mgt_TC TC

On 15 Jul 2005, at 04:25, Elysa Jones wrote:

>> Resource Messages require reference to an incident (unplanned) and/or
>> event (planned).  I believe DE covers this requirement (has a
>> place-holder
>> for this), but need to confirm.

Just to be clear, the "Distribution Message" has an ID (Distribution
ID),
but the Content Messages do not. However, *interal* to the Content
Messages
(ie inside the Internal/External/XML Object) there maybe an ID defined
(but
not at the EDXL level).

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
National ICT Australia (NICTA)

This email and any attachments may be confidential. They may contain legally
privileged information or copyright material. You should not read, copy,
use or disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an intended
recipient, please contact us at once by return email and then delete both
messages. We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus,
data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised
amendment. This notice should not be removed.