Subject: RE: [emergency] Re: Verify DE addresses Incident and Event

Art,

That's the way that I remember it.

Patti

Patti Iles Aymond, PhD
Senior Scientist
Bioterrorism Preparedness & Response

Innovative Emergency Management, Inc.
Managing Risk in a Complex World

8555 United Plaza Blvd.   Suite 100
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
(225) 952-8228 (phone)
(225) 952-8122 (fax)

-----Original Message-----
From: Art Botterell [mailto:acb@incident.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 6:39 AM
To: Emergency_Mgt_TC TC

Thanks for sparking our memories, Patti.  I think we also recognized
that named incidents frequently merge and/or fork over time, or are
simply re-labeled, and that even the very definition of the term
"incident" is not altogether settled.  (And a real-time "incident
registry" for indexing and cross-referencing incident identifiers
might be a worthwhile project, but doesn't currently exist.)

So then do I recall correctly that we left incident ID as one of
those optional binding values that could be asserted in a keyword?

- Art

On Jul 18, 2005, at 3:07 PM, Aymond, Patti wrote:

> If I remember the F2F correctly, we nixed the incident ID in the DE
> because
> not all EM communication is related to an event (e.g. sensor
> readings).
>
> Patti
>
> Patti Iles Aymond, PhD
> Senior Scientist
> Bioterrorism Preparedness & Response
>
> Innovative Emergency Management, Inc.
> Managing Risk in a Complex World
>
> 8555 United Plaza Blvd.   Suite 100
> Baton Rouge, LA 70809
> (225) 952-8228 (phone)
> (225) 952-8122 (fax)

>>> event (planned).  I believe DE covers this requirement (has a
>>> place-holder