Subject: Re: [emergency] Groups - EDXL-DE spec discussion materials (EDXL_DE_materials.zip) uploaded

Patti -

As I recall that conversation, we were trying to generalize the DE so
it could wrap all types of content, not just XML.  We decided that
there were three possible forms for a content "payload" object within
a DE instance:

     1) An XML document or fragment;

     2) A non-XML document or file included in base-64-encoded form; or,

     3) A URI where the content might be retrieved.

After trying several formulations, we finally settled, as I recall
it, on an "abstract" <contentObject> structure with three
instantiations for those three forms.

If someone could relate what the proposed change was, or what aspect
of the prior arrangement was in question, I might be able to get more
specific in my recollections, although it's been awhile since I've
been involved in these discussions and I can't tell what I've missed.

Thanks!

- Art