Subject: Re: [emergency] EDXL DE xsd and Sample xml and latest draft

On 12 Aug 2005, at 15:33, Michelle Raymond wrote:

Dave did a great job putting the schema together.  I still had issues

with the <group> element followed by a <choice> in three validation

tools.  By removing the <group> as a wrapper, it 'seems' to have

resolved the issue.  I am no expert on xml schema 'model groups',

'partitions' or the like. We're likely to get (hopefully constructive)

comments on the schema format during review.

With the "Information Model" version of EDXL, this was not a problem.
The "Data Model" version is flawed in that the ContentObject element must have
a mimeType and may have elements like size, digest, all for the "namespacedXMLContent"
element - ie elements that make no sense (or are repetitive) for XML markup.

This all comes down to getting the MODEL right  in the first place.

We also discussed the elements "derefURI" and "uri" and developed more semantically
correct names for them.

We also discussed ALL elements that are related to the distribution "target" areas to be grouped
into one entity - not just the spatial elements.

Since there has been no response to my previous request [1], I assume nobody knows
why we are using the data-model version over the info-model?

Cheers...  Renato Iannella

National ICT Australia (NICTA)

This email and any attachments may be confidential. They may contain legally
privileged information or copyright material. You should not read, copy,
use or disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an intended
recipient, please contact us at once by return email and then delete both
messages. We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus,
data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised
amendment. This notice should not be removed.