Subject: RE: [emergency] update for EDXL DE xsd and Sample xml

ALL

Found out the problem with my Radiation example.  I had copied a version
of the file which named the element <namespacedXMLcontent> rather that
<namespacedXMLContent>.  Once you rename the elements to match the
schema names every thing validates just fine.

Also, is there any way to make the XML in the HTML documentation
readable with a style sheet?

David E. Ellis
Information Management Architect
(505) 844-6697

-----Original Message-----
From: Michelle Raymond [mailto:michellearaymond@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2005 7:52 PM
To: Ellis, David
Cc: Emergency_Mgt_TC TC

David,

I've played with the school example and put in three contentObjects,
one of each type.  The added <derefUri> sensor example is not from any
'real' system.  It is just a dummied up example.  The file is
enclosed.

> I think the example gives a good target message
> structure.
>
> This means the Schema still needs work.  I was getting warnings in
Visual
> Studio on <namespacedXMLcontent> but though it was an artifact from
the
> inability to resolve the underlying schemas for CAP and UNWD content.
> know this is doable but maybe the attribute for changing namespace has
> different construction. I am using the same attribute structure for
the
> <keyXMLContent> and it does not seem to be having problems.

I too, noticed that the tools let the <keyXMLContent> through
validation but not the <namespacedXmlContent>.  Best of luck,
uncovering the Schema issue.

> I also, really need a location element in the <contentObject> to
identify
> the location of fixed sensors.  It would also be nice if we could have
> multiple <values> under a single <valueListURN> which would
significantly
> improve readability and shorten the message length.

As to the location element, can't it be put in a <messageKeyword>
list, value pair?

As to the multiple <value>, I agree this would be a help; otherwise,
an artificial collection construct or multiple list, value pairs must
be used.

- Michelle