Subject: Re: [emergency] MPEG (was Re: [emergency] usage scenarios)

On Aug 18, 2005, at 8/18/05 9:16 PM, Kon Wilms wrote:
> If data can be referenced or delivered by other means then it
> should not be encoded into the payload.

OK, that's pretty clear... I'll describe it just that way in the
updated Issues List, forthcoming shortly.

Personally, I'm still not sure a content standard is the right place
to try to enforce that sort of policy.  I think a case could be made
for allowing DEs to be atomic for data-integrity and synchronization
reasons, especially in mixed two-way/one-way network environments.
And I think we should allow the implementers to make their own
capacity/performance judgments.

But I certainly wouldn't have any problem with Rex's offer to
substitute something less massive-sounding for the purpose of our
example.

- Art