Subject: Fwd: OASIS EM TC Category for EDXL standards

TC Members,  I received the following email from Bill Kalin representing the DHS/DM program.  There is specific grant guidance language proposed for our review.  I would prefer discussion begin on the list and then we can take it up at the next regular TC call 9/20.  Elysa

From: "Kalin, Bill" <Bill.Kalin@associates.dhs.gov>
To: "'ejones@warningsystems.com'" <ejones@warningsystems.com>
Cc: Matt Walton <mwalton3@gmail.com>, "Hines, Chip" <Chip.Hines@dhs.gov>,
        "Baker, Ashley" <Ashley.Baker@associates.dhs.gov>,
        "McIntyre, Robert" <Robert.Mcintyre@associates.dhs.gov>,
        "Wood, Mark" <Mark.Wood@associates.dhs.gov>
Subject: OASIS EM TC Category for EDXL standards
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 10:11:51 -0400

Elysa - We have been asked by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) to create standardized RFI/RFP language that federal agencies would required to use when seeking to purchase an incident management software application.  We want to be able to refer to EDXL as a single set of standards as opposed to listing them all individually, including CAP.  This is the first step in creating common grant guidance language that will be required when local, tribal and state governments are seeking to purchase incident management tools with DHS grant money.  We believe this will strongly facilitate the adoption of standards within the vendor community and further develop this emerging market.

What can be done via OASIS to help create this single type of category under the OASIS TC?  I am attaching a draft of proposed language for the RFI/RFP's which includes a desired reference to the OASIS web site.

Bill Kalin
Disaster Management eGov Initiative
Office of the Chief Information Officer
Emergency Preparedness and Response/FEMA
Department of Homeland Security
(202) 646-4347
bill.kalin@associates.dhs.gov

Purchase_Guidance_DM.doc