Subject: Re: [emergency] FW: UDEF Pilot LIVE Demo in Houston and EIDXCross Reference Matrix

Wish I'd known that was going to happen just to mention it in more
detail, since I actually mentioned the Houston event and a third
simultaneous event on the Ontolog Forum where the four web
services-related ontology language efforts in the W3C were being
explored in a combined presentation/discussion while we were
presenting our pilot to the Dept. of Navy Business Standards Council.
FYI, we have also been invited back for a presentation of our next
iteration of this pilot next quarter. I draw everyone's attention to
the extensive addressees for the message Sylvia forwarded below.

Note please, our pilot group, which I am copying with this message as
a bit of a tease we can discuss at our extended wiki-learning and
regular SIA-Pilot 6 meeting Tuesday, and the portal we're building in
which we can test a wide variety of pilots, can almost certainly
accommodate the proposed pilot. This is, in fact a good example of
what we mean when we say that we want to build a testbed.

This can be quite apart from or in conjunction with whatever the TC
decides in relation to the suitability of this proposed UDEF
Resources Pilot for standards work per se within the scope of the
Emergency Management TC.

Given the focus of the UDEF Pilot: A Universal Data Element Framework
(UDEF) Pilot to Locate Industry Resources for Disaster Response Teams
For The Semantic Interoperability Community of Practice, and the
companies involved with The Open Group

http://www.opengroup.org/

I think it may now be a little more obvious what I meant when I
expressed my initial reaction as seeing this as something we need to
very seriously consider.

Regards.
Rex