Subject: RE: [emergency] Subcommittee Assignments

Elysa,
I will review the comments and pass along my thoughts to the IF SC. I
will be traveling to LA on Tuesday and cannot be on the teleconference
calls that day.

Regards,

Tom Merkle

CapWIN:        www.capwin.org
Phone:        (301) 614-3720
Cell Phone:   (240) 375-1966
Fax:          (301) 614-0581
e-mail:       tmerkle@capwin.org

CapWIN
6305 Ivy Lane Suite 300
Capital Office Park
Greenbelt, MD 20770

-----Original Message-----
From: Elysa Jones [mailto:ejones@warningsystems.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 12:53 PM
To: emergency@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [emergency] Subcommittee Assignments

Dear TC members,

As discussed on our telecon Tues Nov 1, I would like to formally make
the following requests:

1.  Infrastructure SC - The DE has now completed the comment period and
we reviewed an overview of the comments received.  Mary provided a URL
to the comment list.  Art is putting together the spread sheet with all
comments for consideration.  As Mary stated on the call, for the EDXL DE
1.0 to be voted on this calendar year, it will have to be approved by
the TC to go forward no later than Nov 7.  I would like for the IF-SC to
work diligently over the next few days to provide a recommendation to
the TC as to the dispense of these comments.  I will call a special
meeting of the TC on Tuesday Nov 7 from 11-12 EST for the IF-SC to make
their recommendations.  Provided we have a quorum and can agree to the
IF-SC dispense, we could vote at that meeting to go forward with a
ballot.

2.  Messaging SC - Now that the requirements for Resource has been
through the review, I would like to see the messaging SC take over that
work.  We agreed some time ago that this is the most appropriate place
for that work to be done but the requirements should be hammered out at
the TC level.  Please provide a plan for moving forward at the next
regularly scheduled meeting of the TC.

Thank you all for the good work that has been done to further these
important standards.

Regards,
Elysa Jones, Chair
OASIS EM-TC