Subject: Re: [emergency] EDXL Vote?

Hello, Renato--

Elysa is in transit, so I hope I can answer your
questions.

As Elysa wrote in her Monday email ("EDXL - DE V
1.0"), a simple majority vote by eligible members is
sufficient to approve a committee draft, but (as we
learned later) it is *not* sufficient to vote to
advance the draft to the OASIS membership for
consideration as a standard. That requires an
electronic ballot and a 2/3 majority. We went through
the same thing for CAP 1.1, although none of us
remembered it at the time. I agree that we should have
sent an email with a clearer title to explain what was
going on, so the ballot didn't just suddenly "appear."

For your voting status, I sent you a private email.

Apologies for taking you by surprise with the vote.
It's been a hectic week and there are many, many
things I am sure we are overlooking.

Best regards,

Julia
Julia Ridgely