Subject: Quick Update on EDXL DE

Hi Elysa,

We got through most of the outstanding issues and should have the
spec harmonized up to this with the schema in lockstep as much as is
possible. Patti Got the spec out last night, bless her. However, it
still will need to be gone over with a fine tooth comb.That couldn't
have been easy after a two and a half hour meeting.

We have one outstanding issue which the whole TC will have to discuss
but we have gone through the last issues list and the spec and Dave's
comments from yesterday. It involves namespacing xmlContent and I am
not even going to try to describe it completely. Hopefully someone
will offer a summary. I have a meeting to get to, but I wanted to
send you an update.

However, It is highly unlikely that we would be able to make our
deadline for this month, even if we could get a quorum today, which
would be difficult since I, myself have a full day laid out ahead of
me. We also decided to stay put with the area issue, pending someone
or the GIS SC coming forward with an actual proposal. Its a can of
worms, and perhaps after I get a few more things done to catch up
from my bout of pneumonia, I can devote some time to it, but I'm not
promising anything before we finish up v1.0. At best it could be a
1.1 proposal from me, since anything in this arena that has half a
chance will also have to have a boatload of supporters to do more
than muddy up the already roiling waters around this issue.

Ciao,