Subject: RE: [emergency] Re: Quick Update on EDXL DE

Elysa,

I am in conferences for most part of next week; I will try to call in.

Sukumar

-----Original Message-----
From: Elysa Jones [mailto:ejones@warningsystems.com]
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 11:28 AM
To: Rex Brooks; emergency@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [emergency] Re: Quick Update on EDXL DE

Rex and others,

Thanks so much for the diligence that you all applied to getting the
EDXL -DE to this point.  I was on travel most of this week and got
behind.  It seems the outstanding issue has to do with the difference of
opinion between David and Renato on what appears to be a substantive
change to the EDXL-DE that would require another comment period.  I
would like to remind every one that this comment period could be only 15
days rather than the
60- days.  This is something that I would like for us to vote on at the
next meeting.  Let's make sure that only technical soundness drives
this, so we can be as thorough as possible when this goes out.  We made
the decision last month that we were not going to try to rush this
through but let us certainly focus on it now and decide wether to make
this change or not and go forward.

As for the next meeting, I for one will not be able to make the meeting
time next Tues, Dec 13.  I would like to move this meeting to Dec 14 at
the same time.  Please reply back if this is a problem for you.  Also,
if someone would like to volunteer a toll free telecon line, I would
appreciate it.  If I haven't heard from anyone by a couple of hours
before the meeting, I'll get another line and post the number on the
site.

Thanks again for all the work you do to promote emergency management
standards, Elysa Jones, Chair OASIS EM-TC Engineering Program Manager
Warning Systems, Inc.
256-880-8702 x102
256-694-8702 cell