Subject: RE: [emergency] RE: Question on EDXL-DE schema

Elysa,

I still haven't heard back from Mary on what exactly a "red-lined"
version means, so I haven't done any work toward that end. Hopefully,
I'll get clarification today in time to make changes before the meeting
tomorrow.

Patti

Patti Iles Aymond, PhD
Senior Scientist
Bioterrorism Preparedness & Response

Innovative Emergency Management, Inc.
Managing Risk in a Complex World

8555 United Plaza Blvd.   Suite 100
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
(225) 952-8228 (phone)
(225) 952-8122 (fax)
-----Original Message-----
From: Elysa Jones [mailto:ejones@warningsystems.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2006 6:29 AM
To: Rex Brooks; emergency@lists.oasis-open.org

Rex and others,

Yes we did vote on the spec as indicated in the posted draft meeting
notes.  The documentation was presented to OASIS for submittal.  I
provided
the documents just as we reviewed them in that meeting.  There were no
corrections that came in after the call.  However, OASIS came back and
requested a "red-lined" version of the changes.  As you know, we
reviewed a
document without red lines but with a supplemental document that
identified
each and every change.  This is apparently not the approved submittal
format for a 15-day review so, Patti is working to get the document in
that
form.

I am glad this validation issue came up before the actual submittal and
it
needs to be worked out before the document is posted.  Depending on the
change(s) necessary, we may also have to vote on it again.  As we have
agreed in the TC, it is more important to get it right than get it out
there with errors.  We will have our regular full TC meeting on Tuesday
1/24 and will address any remaining issues.  Also, OASIS has schema
experts
that we can query about this issue if it is warranted.

Regards,
Elysa

At 04:03 PM 1/20/2006, Rex Brooks wrote:
>Hi Folks,
>
>Can someone clarify the status of the spec at this point? I had to
leave a
>bit before the end of the last TC meeting, and I thought we were pretty

>much done. That would make this thread moot. Is that incorrect?
>
>I tried to trace the thread back to get clarification that way, but I
got
>confused. I think that we may have had a case of one or another of the
>comments being based on an incorrect "current" version. I would really
>like to know where we stand at this point.
>
>Regards,
>Rex
>
>At 6:35 PM -0700 1/19/06, Ellis, David wrote:
>>Art, Renato
>>
>>At this point the SSIWG can define prototype location schema for
sensor
>>content objects and evaluate them be assigning these elements a
"testing"
>>namespace.  This will allow continued exploration of needed
functionallity.

>>Once experiments have validated best elements structure (e.g.DoD and
DNDO
>>experiments), the SSIWG could recommend either addition of needed
>>elements via EDXL-SS using the namespace=##other elements in current
>>EDXL-DE or propose additions of content object elements for future
>>versions of EDXL-DE.
>>
>>David E. Ellis
>>Information Management Architect
>>(505) 844-6697

This

<http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/>http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core/)
>>>  My point has always been that if this is the *intent* of the
element,
>>> then that is what we need to clearly
>>>  indicate in the spec. It is used for digital signatures - full
stop.
>>> If we start to say that the *same* element can be use
>>> for  'experimental extensions' then we will have problems in the
>>> future  (guaranteed !)
>>>
>>>  The best option to make this explicit is to reference the W3C
>>> XML  Digital Signature namespace.
>>>  All that is needed is to include the DigSig namespace at the top
>>> of  the EDXL Schema:
>>>
>>>xmlns:ds="<http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig>http://www.w3.org/2000/0
9/xmldsig#

>>>  and in the ContentObjectType, put a reference to the DigSig
Signature
>>> element:
>>>
>>>    <xsd:element ref="ds:Signature" minOccurs="0"/>
>>>
>>>  Cheers...  Renato Iannella
>>>  National ICT Australia (NICTA)

>>>  ----
>>>  This email and any attachments may be confidential. They may
contain
>>> legally
>>>  privileged information or copyright material. You should not read,
copy,
>>>  use or disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an
intended
>>  > recipient, please contact us at once by return email and then
>>>  delete both
>>>  messages. We do not accept liability in connection with computer
>>  > virus,
>>>  data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or
unauthorised
>>>  amendment. This notice should not be removed.

that
>>>  generates this mail.  You may a link to this group and all your
>>> TCs  in OASIS
>>>  at:
>>><https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgroups.p
hp>https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgroups..p