Subject: [emergency-msg] EM-Msg Meeting Minutes for 01-31-06

Hi Again, Everyone,

Tim noticed that I had inadvertently sent the minutes for 1-17-06, so
I am sending this again and hoping that this is correct. I don't
understand how the versions got scrambled since when I opened the
version I sent from my out box it was correct, but when I opened the
one from the maiiling list it was incorrect. Also when I opened the
only copy I have of the file itself, it was correct? Perhaps this is
due to my practice of doing a save as of the last minutes to keep the
format the same, and then change the dates and the the actual
information. Let me know if this comes through incorrectly again. As
you can see, the minutes contained in the body of the message is
correct. Strange...

Hi Everyone,

I have included the minutes in the body of this message, attached the
docuement, and I will upload it as well to the SC document repository.

Here are the Minutes of our last meeting,

EM-Msg Meeting January 31, 2006 Minutes

Roll:
Voting Members:
Gary Ham,
Patti Aymond,
Rex Brooks,
Sukumar Dwarkanath

Voting Members Probationary
Tim Grapes
Lee Ticher
Dave Ellis

Non-Voting Members:
Michelle Raymond
Carl Reed

We had a quorum, and accepted the minutes of the previous meeting.

Our agenda was posted prior to the meeting:
1. Review work plan
2. Discuss Task Groups: EDXL_RM Spec, Hospital AVailability Exchange Spec
3. Review EDXL-RM Submission & Requirements Supplement
4. Issues Disussion

1. We briefly reviewed our work plans. We learned that Michelle's
OASIS membership is being ironed out, and she indicated her
willingness to resume Editor duties for the EDXL_DE specification
when she can, so that Patti can assume the Co-Editor duties for the
EDXL_RM with Dr. Renato Iannella.

2. Sukumar indicated his wllingness to lead the HAVE specification
effort, and also informed us that he would be taking a leave of
absence for a month following next week's TC meeting, returning March
7, 2006. In the meantime, Tim Grapes volunteered to carry the effort
forward and Rex said he would participate in that effort.

It was decided to table the issue of scheduling the EDXL_RM and HAVE
Task Groups which we have decided to use as the means for moving both
of these specification efforts forward more or less simultaneously.
We will bring this issue up to the TC next week in order to see what
the overall TC thinks of it and how we should proceed.

3. We began reviewing the EDXL_RM

Dave asked, as had Renato previously, if we needed to write a
completely new requirements document and we clarified that we will
use this as the starting point, and add any additional requirements
we discover as we go through this process.

4. Patti asked what was intended by Requirement 2: Process: RM
standards must support processes of finding, requesting and getting
resources to an incident or event, demobilization and return from the
incident or event, tracking resource time-line and status of all
types of resources.

We clarified this intent to mean that this was more a scope statement
than a process statement, but we did not take a decision to change
the keyword from process to scope because this discussion immediately
led to a second question:

Patti then asked what was meant by Requirement 1: EDXL_RM is
dependent on EDXL_DM.

We discovered EDXL_DM was a typographical error, and should have been
EDXL_DE, and decided to amend this unqualified statement to read:
EDXL_RM has no independent routing mechanism, so requires a routing
mechanism consistent with the EDXL_DE DistributionTypes.

It was determined that this is consistent with the understanding that
the clarification of the EDXL_DE question of cardinality with regard
to contentObjects is that EDXL_DE may contain multiple contentObjects
with one and only one payload each, that EDXL_DE may have one and
only one DistributionType, and that no contentObjects could be of a
type different than the DistributionType.

Tim noted that in the course of National Capital Region Pilot Program
which is using EDXL drafts, a need for inventory requests has
surfaced. It was also pointed out that this pilot program must also
follow the existing and evolving NIEM constraints. Our conclusion was
that such a constraint will, at the least, keep us aware of the
contingency.

Dave asked if there was a need for reply requirements, but our
thinking appears to have reached an interim consensus that this is
covered by the response message types, while we also concluded that
considering this detail was premature at this point in the process.

The meeting adjourned