Subject: FW: CAP alerts via Google Earth

Forwarded on behalf of Elliot Christian.  (I guess DOI did not pay its
bill.)  :) :)

Gary A. Ham
Senior Research Scientist
Battelle Memorial Institute
540-288-5611 (office)
703-869-6241 (cell)
"You would be surprised what you can accomplish when you do not care who
gets the credit." - Harry S. Truman

-----Original Message-----
From: Eliot Christian [mailto:echristi@usgs.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 8:01 AM
To: Ham, Gary A
Subject: CAP alerts via Google Earth

Gary,

Please forward this message on my behalf. I am being blocked from
posting to the TC list (apparently DOI did not renew its OASIS
membership).

Thanks,

Eliot

I had a conversation with the CTO for Google Earth about making CAP
alerts accessible via Google Earth. He says they will pursue it, so I
pointed him to the RSS feeds of CAP alerts available at USGS and
National Weather Service.

I am also working now with Reuters Foundation "AlertNet"
http://www.alertnet.org to disseminate humanitarian emergency alerts in
CAP format. These too should be accessible via Google Earth.

If anyone has done or is doing work in this area, please contact me:
echristian@usgs.gov

Thanks,

Eliot