Subject: Re: [emergency] EDXL Reference Information Model

This is a good formulation. A pure reference model like the SOA-RM
really needs a RIM and/or a Reference Architecture, to make it
specific enough for distinct specifications per domain, such as a
healthcare insurance standard derived and/or extended from the
ORCHESTRA framework below.

It looks like Renato and I are thinking down very similar tracks on this.

Just so you know, if it seems like I develop a case of HL7 on the
brain, it is something I will be dealing with on a regular basis in
another effort in the National Center for Ontological Research (NCOR)
Committee on Ontology for Health Informatics. As both the RM and
HAvBED specifications deal with areas that HL7 overlaps, it is going
to come up here as well, so I just wanted to give you all a brief
heads up.

For those with a simlar interest in Health Informatics, I consider
the releasee of openEHR 1.0 a signal event.

http://www.openehr.org/

I also wanted to let everyone know that I will be absent at next
week's TC meeting, on a plane to Nashville, Tennessee and the Fourth
National Medical Banking Institute, an event held by the Medical
Banking Project.

Ciao,
Rex