Subject: RE: [emergency] EDXL-DE Committee Draft

All,
Do I correctly recall that our next TC meeting won't be conducted until
March 9?  If so, I recommend we lay out our cards now in case anyone feels
the option to pull back and re-publish is warranted.

My input is that this is simply a typo that can be corrected after this
15-day review.   However, if others feel the error truly is substantive, I
feel we should pull it back, make the correction, and republish ASAP rather
than incurring an additional 15-day public comment.

Regards,

Tim Grapes
Evolution Technologies, Inc.
Disaster Management egov Initiative
Science and Technology Directorate/OIC
Department of Homeland Security
Office:  (703) 654-6075
Mobile:  (703) 304-4829
tgrapes@evotecinc.com
tim.grapes@associates.dhs.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: Elysa Jones [mailto:ejones@warningsystems.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 1:06 PM
To: emergency@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [emergency] EDXL-DE Committee Draft

TC Members,

As discussed on our call yesterday, there are a couple of issues with the
EDXL-DE that have been brought to light from within the TC.  We are not
able to make any changes to the posted documents until after the 15 day
review.  That review is schedule to end March 4.  The only comments so far
have come from within the TC although I fully expect some comments as the
end draws near.  The most significant comment is the problem with the
schema not matching the DOM.  The DOM is correct and the place most folks
look for understanding of what is presented.

I have discussed our situation with Mary McRae, our OASIS staff contact to
determine our most efficient method to proceed.  She said that if in the
mind of the TC, the schema would be considered non-normative, it could be
changed as any other typo or correction that is non-substantive after the
15-day review is complete.

If we do feel that the correction of the schema is substantive, another
15-day comment period would be required.  In that case, we could pull the
current 15-day review, make the change and re-publish.  Or we could wait
until this period is over, make our corrections and re-post for another
15-day review.  In either case, the document has to go to OASIS by the 15th
of the month prior to the month of the vote.  With a successful 15-day
review in this round, we will be able to submit to OASIS by the 15th of
March and thus an OASIS wide vote the last 2 weeks of April.  A second
15-day review no matter how it happens will postpone the OASIS wide vote
until the last 2 weeks of May.

That is where we stand now and there is no real need for a decision at this
point.  Please consider whether you feel the incorrect schema is
substantive or not and let me know the will of the TC as to how we proceed.

Regards,
Elysa Jones
Chair, OASIS EM-TC
Engineering PRogram Manager