Subject: RE: [emergency] Poster for NAWS Participation

Just to follow on.

Projects such as NAWS are highly relevent to specific domains, such as
Homeland security.

However, as Art and David both both point out, the vast majority of alert
applications will use widely different distribution mechanisms, such as
reverse 911, and may not use either CAP or EDXL but will use simple text
messaging or georss or other mechanisms. There are already deployed
applications doing weather alerts to cell phones.

In many of these instances, either CAP or EDXL may be the originating
alert message that triggers use of other citizen alerting mechanisms. In
any and all cases, this dialogue once again points out how important it is
that both CAP and EDXL remain implementation and infrastructure neutral
and not tied to any specific information (or dollar) community.

My missive for Wednesday evening.

Regards

Carl