Subject: Re: [emergency] RE: OGC UoM Best Practices guidance

Thanks Carl,

Just a couple of minor points.

1. I have two places where the equivalent to UoM
is stated as MeasuementUnit and Measurement Unit,
respectively, in the HumanMarkup Primary Base
Schema (.xsd and .owl) and in the CIDOC CRM
(.rdfs). CIDOC stands for International Council
of Museums and CRM just mean Conceptual Reference
Model though it is a fully articulated ontology
and gets very concrete. However, it is an
academically accepted work of more than a decade
now for classifying human artifacts, so I have
decided to use it as a major mechanism to unify
various standards including health informatics
and human information exchange.

I'm working on the problem of translating XSD to
OWL and back, trying to come up with some
recommendations for definitional equivalence in
order to make it possible, at as simple a level
as I can, and in a way that won't break the basic
principles of XML, XML Schema, RDF, RDF Schema,
or OWL.

What a pain! and I am not just referring to the
naming and design rules that the EM Msg SC is now
at least looking at. However, I am making
progress. So, short of having to develop a
controlled vocabularies thesaurus to deal with
Geospatial issues, my question is if there is any
possibility for suggesting that UoM switch to MU?
That way one naming convention mismatch in this
case can be avoided, and I can just set up an
<xs:attribute name = "MeasurementUnit" type= "OGC
MU"> where OGC MU is the QName abbreviation for
the namespace, and I can import) the darn thing
(which XML Schema stipulates as a URN) and keep a
local copy with schemaLocation="./specname"
...and that way developers can take the whole
package and just start using it without
themselves going crosseyed sorting out the
standards.

2. We still don't have the cookbook recipe for
using GML in targetArea for EDXL_DE cookbook or
however we make these aids available.

Cryminee the things I do for interoperability! As
you can see I'm deep implementation mode.

Ciao,
Rex