Subject: OASIS Press Release to Announce EDXL-DE as OASIS Standard

--PLEASE NOTE QUOTE DEADLINE IS NOON EST, FRIDAY, 12 MAY--

OASIS Members:

The Consortium is in the process of drafting a press release to announce
the approval of the Emergency Data Exchange Language Distribution
Element (EDXL-DE), v1.0 as an OASIS Standard. We have targeted Tuesday,
16 May, for distribution.

While OASIS deeply appreciates the contributions of all members to our
technical work, only Foundational Sponsors and Sponsor members elect to
receive promotional benefits, such as inclusion in announcements
directed to the press.

Sponsors
The EDXL-DE press release will feature the names of all sponsor members
of the Committee, which includes ESI Acquisition and Warning Systems.
(If you represent one of these organizations, and you do *not* wish to
be included in the press release, please notify me.)

Quotes
*Any* Sponsor member of OASIS may submit a quote in support of the
approval of EDXL-DE--you do not have to be a member of the OASIS
Emergency Services TC. If you represent a Foundational Sponsor or
Sponsor member of OASIS, and you would like to send a quote, please
email that to me, including a name and title at your company to whom the
quote can be attributed.

If your organization is not a Sponsor member of OASIS, and you would
like to submit a quote for this press releases, please contact Peter
Roden (peter.roden@oasis-open.org) immediately for information on
upgrading your membership to take advantage of this promotional benefit.

More information
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/200605/msg00000.html
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/emergency

**Our absolute deadline for accepting Sponsor quotes for this press
release is noon ET US Friday, 12 May.**

Regards,
Carol

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications
OASIS
Voice: +1.978.667.5115 x209

OASIS Symposium: The Meaning of Interoperability, 9-12 May, San
Francisco
 http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium_2006/