Subject: HazCollect NWEM Interface

As many of you already know we are just about to release the test version of the HazCollect Non-Weather Emergency Management (NWEM) interface on the Disaster Management Open Platform for Emergency Networks. (Note: This interface will employ both the description and the instruction field in the specialized CAP messages used for the interface.)  The HazCollect Project Manager is interested in what Companies/Systems are planning to use these interfaces to provide their customer/users with HazCollect input capability.  Please send your interest and a POC (Company, POC name, and e-mail) to me at hamg@battelle.org so that I can respond to this request.  It will also make sure that I can provide up-to-date information on the status of the interface as it happens.

This message may be posted to other lists as appropriate.

Respectfully,

Gary A. Ham
Battelle Memorial Institute
External Systems Interoperability Coordinator
Open Platform for Emergency Networks
Disaster Management e-Gov Initiative
Office for Interoperability and Compatibility
Science and Technology
Department of Homeland Security
540-288-5611 (office)
703-869-6241 (cell)
"You would be surprised what you can accomplish when you do not care who gets the credit." - Harry S. Truman